Get moving! Physical fitness is for everyone.
Clear Choice Staffing Solutions is supporting the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition in honor of National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. During the month of May, we challenge all employees to get 30 minutes of physical activity every day.
Did you know that regular physical activity increases your chances of living a longer, healthier life? It also reduces your risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, and some types of cancer. Yet in Colorado, 16% of adults don’t get enough physical activity and in Texas, nearly 28% don’t get the recommended amount of physical activity.
The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommend adults:
– Aim for 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate aerobic activity each week. Moderate activity includes
- Walking fast
- Raking leaves
Want greater physical fitness?
For even greater health benefits:
– Do 500 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week or 150 minutes of vigorous intensity aerobic activity such as
- Race walking, jogging or running
- Swimming laps
- Tennis (singles)
- Aerobic dancing
- Bicycling 10 miles per hour or faster
- Jumping rope
- Heavy gardening (continuous digging or hoeing)
- Hiking uphill or with a heavy backpack
-Do muscle-strengthening activities at 2 days per week or more. Focus working on all the major muscle groups: legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and arms.
Physical activity is for everyone. No matter what shape you are in, you can find activities that work for you. Together, we can rise to the challenge and get more active during the month of May!